16 September 2008

A Four Letter Word (2007)


With its breezy shots of male genitalia and characters nicknamed Long John and Tripod, this is a surprisingly endearing romantic comedy that explores gay relationships with low-budget verve. The film’s swishy centerpiece is Luke (Jesse Archer), a promiscuous “gay cliché” who works in a Chelsea sex shop along with his friend Zeke (Cory Grant). While Luke chases sexual oblivion, Zeke engages in social activism and a running commentary on Luke’s moral shortcomings. But when Luke falls for a less flamboyant lover named Stephen (Charlie David) and decides to cut back on the sparkles, he soon discovers that his new boyfriend is even more old-fashioned than he thought.

A FOUR LETTER WORD to my belief is a sequel to Slutty Summer with practically the same lead characters minus Markus & Tyler who are supposed to be living happily in Europe. I have to be honest that in terms of laughs, I prefer the older one but in terms of the total film, I certainly would vote for this one. I wonder if they'd make another sequel... if so, I definitely want Luke & Zeke in it again and I think Marilyn had enough as she really bored me this time!

WATCH MOVIE

No comments:

GAY-THEMED & SHORT FILMS: La crème de la crème